Friday, May 14, 2010

With all the annoying side effects of birth control is it really worth taking?

It's not even 100% effective when you take it the right way. Is it really worth it?With all the annoying side effects of birth control is it really worth taking?
It sure beats the side effects of pregnancy...With all the annoying side effects of birth control is it really worth taking?
I have been on the pill for awhile and I haven't gotten pregnant on the pill or have I ever had any side effects.
NO, sure it works, but look at the side effects. Especially when you could use a diaphragm or condom.
Try an IUD (intra uterine device) for few side effects. I wound say that if someone wants many many children, then the side effects of oral meds is not worth it.
Actually, it is 100% effective when properly taken, but that assumes that you are not obese or taking any foods or meds that might make it less effective.





BCPs reduce menstrual cramps, reduce endometrial cancer, reduce acne, and stabilize mood. If you are healthy and a non smoker, I see no reason not to use BCP. I personally never had any side effect at all, and felt better with my mood.
not in my book. I see they have brought back the sponge.
Yes, it is worth taking.





For me it was 100% effective and I have been taking it the right way for 14 years (high-dose 7 years, low-dose 7 years and counting). I never got pregnant (I'm going through Peri-menopause now). I mainly take it for hormonal problems.





The minuscule side effects are laughable compared to the good things it does. The side effects are only annoying if you let them or you're taking the wrong pill and need to change to a different one.





The pill is the most effective method of birth control save for abstinence. The others have a higher failure rate. Best to have no sex, than get pregnant.
I am not sure what you mean by your question. The OC is active from day one if taken on the first day of your period. What annoying side effects are you actually talking about???
Use condoms, they protect you in more ways than one and barring an allergy to latex, they are free of side effects.
I have been on the pill for a long time never had any side effects. Can really help regulate your periods and if you do have side effects stop taking them
Hell no the pill isn't worth taking.





Thanks to being on the pill, prescribed to me by doc because I was a heavy bleeder...





I CANNOT HAVE CHILDREN NOW!!!!!





It's a long story...my body can't make it's own hormones now. I have two friends who have had the same results from being on the pill.
It works well to prevent pregnancy, but there are other methods you can use.....IF you use them faithfully.
it depends, are you ready to get pregnant? when you take it correctly it is 97% effective (most types) that means a 3% chance of getting pregnant. With out it there is a 100% chance of getting pregnant. I have horrible side effects with all hormonal birth control, but the worst side effect of not taking it (a baby you are not ready for) is far worse.
I'm terrified of birth control pills. First of all, they do have side effects, second- I think messing with natural hormones for many years can't be good for you, third- this is maybe a little paranoid, but I think someday they will link it to all kinds of female cancers.





Not to get graphic, but I use spermacide, and withdrawl. Seems to work for me.
  • blushed
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment