Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Upon restarting birth control, is it normal for my period to be late?

I've been taking Orthocyclen since the end of April. I had a regulated period. After 3 packs I ran out of pills and had difficulty obtaining more. The week after my last reminder pill, I didn't take any pills. At about a week and a half I started taking pills again. I have now taken 2 reminder pills on my new pack. I still don't have my period. Is this normal or should I go get a pregnancy test?Upon restarting birth control, is it normal for my period to be late?
If you are sexually active and have not been using another form of birth control then you need to take a pregnancy test.





That being said, it isn't odd for your period to be late after switching things around with your pill. All the starting/stopping of the pill has thrown your hormones completely out of whack.

No comments:

Post a Comment