Wednesday, May 12, 2010

If I get on birth control will it be harder for me to have kids?

Im a 15 year old girl and I may be getting on birth control, but if I do that, will it be harder for me to have children in the future? Thanks in advance!If I get on birth control will it be harder for me to have kids?
Don't get on Depo-Provera! In most cases other forms of birth control will not affect your future fertility, but Depo will. If I get on birth control will it be harder for me to have kids?
It may take 6 months or so after you get off of it to conceive, but it will have no permanent effect on your ability to have kids.





What birth control does is provide a certain amount of hormones to your body. Your body's natural signals to produce these hormones is confused in thinking it does not need to, so it does not. When you come off of birth control, it may take some time for your body to regulate itself again.





Your body WILL do this however, as long as there is not any other condition which would impair this (unrelated to birth control)
Not normally. The only time it might have any effect is if you develop HPV (which about 80 percent of sexually active women have, but you can prevent it with the vaccine). The hormones in birth control increase your chance of developing cervical cancer, which is caused by HPV. Women who have cervical cancer often have to have part of their cervix surgically removed, which can decrease your ability conceive and can increase your chance of having a miscarriage.





While this might seem scary, I think the risk of you becoming pregnant while you are a teenager has a much greater chance of harming you than birth control can, especially if you protect yourself from HPV.
It is not a side effect of BCP to become less fertile. I do, however, think that if you are on bcp for years and years, it can take awhile for your body to regulate again and to ovulate. everyone is different though. if you think you will be or are sexually active i recommend birth control pills. Dont base your decision to go on them bc you are afraid that some day you wont be able to have kids, it may take a while after coming off but you should be fine when you are ready to do so.
It depends on the type of birth control. A pill will not affect your fertility at all-you can get pregnant just by stopping or missing a pill or two. Depo Provera makes it difficult to get pregnant for a year after you stop it. I suggest to talk to a gynecologist about your best birth control options.
In some cases yes, in others no. I was on Yasmin Birth Control for 2 years and it took me 6 months to get pregnant. My friend was on the Depo shot for only 2 years and has been off for a year, she still is not able to get pregnant. I would not recommend the depo shot even though its convenient. I loved Yasmin and am glad that my doctor recommended it.
Nope not at all. Some doctors dont advice you stay on it for too long, like 9 or 10 years. But I was on it for about 9 years off and on and went off it in 2007. I am now 2 months pregnant, granted we didnt start trying til June of this year. But it should not effect your fertility, as long as your healthy things should be okay.
well first of all, you should know that the pill is not 99% accurate. but it does help some people. they say any form to birth control is suppose to prolong your ability to have children. but it shouldn't be to the extent as to where you just can't have children at all.
Nope, not at all. Your body is meant to release an egg every month, and it's going to try hard to do so. That's why women will get pregnant even after missing just one pill!





Btw, good for you for using protection!
it shouldn't. just talk to the OB-GYN to get all the facts. all contraceptives will affect you differently, so make sure you get the one that is right for you.



no that is not always true. i was on birth control for 4 years and i got pregnant right after i stopped taking it. get on it and protect yourself
Shouldn't. I was on it for 6yrs and got pregnant my first month off. All of my friends have had similar experiences.
NO not at all. Get on it and stay on it until you are 25

No comments:

Post a Comment