Friday, May 14, 2010

Will being on birth control make it harder for me to maintain my diet?

I recently lost about 30 pounds on weight watchers. I want to continue this and lose about 10 more, but am pretty happy where I am at now. My question is, I'm starting up birth control (Yasmin) and was wondering, will this make it harder for me to lose the last couple pounds? Losing the 30 was pretty easy for me (did it in about 3 months with no exercise), but I've heard BC can cause weight gain. I'm still doing the diet and have started running daily. I think I'll be able to control it but any insight would be great. Thanks!Will being on birth control make it harder for me to maintain my diet?
yes, but not all will do that, some will even help your skin to clear up.Will being on birth control make it harder for me to maintain my diet?
It can slow your metabolism etc. and make it harder to lose those three pounds but it's certainly do-able. It may be a trouble to keep them off, it doesn't affect EVERYBODY but it CAN cause weight gain.





Just work hard, maybe even harder than you are now, and you should be fine. Hopefully it won't affect you at all, I've just started BC too and I'm praying that it won't do anything to me! I'm blessed with eating anything I want and not gaining a pound.. I'll weigh like 5,000lbs haha if it does though. :( Good luck!
Yes, some people tend to gain weight when on birth control. I would suggest not using birth control and trying safer methods such as condoms and spermicides(just in case the condom breaks) together. However, abstinence is the 100% safe sex.
It really depends what birth control you are on. I have herd from many women at my work that Yasmin is not good. They told me that they had bad mood swings and gained alot of weight. The shot will make you gain alot of weight too. There is one called Ortho tricyclen low; something like that. You will most likely not gain weight on that.
usually you retain more water, but if you run every day you will not likely have a problem

No comments:

Post a Comment