Wednesday, May 12, 2010

I am too young for High Cholesterol. How do I control it?

Im 23 years old and the doctor diagnosed me last week with High cholesterol (225). She put me on Zetia.....I've heard negative and Postitive remarks on it. Can anyone tell me what they think? Also at my age, I dont know how to exactly control it.I am too young for High Cholesterol. How do I control it?
To control the High Cholesterol. Stay away from fried foods, such as fast foods. Get your blood tested as often as the doctor suggests. In rare cases, the medication can effect the liver. That is why frequent blood tests are required. Increase your exercise program. If you are overweight try to lose weight.


I am too young for High Cholesterol. How do I control it?
80% of your cholesterol is manufactured by your body regardless of what you eat. Don't go overboard with cholesterol drugs as the research was done by companies that manufacture the drugs. According to the drug companies, God is an idiot for designing a human body that is self destroying itself. Otherwise avoid red meat, fried and other high fat foods. Increase fiber in your diet, eat fruit %26amp; veggies instead of processed snacks and take a tablespoon of Olive Oil every day.
Theres a lot of reasons why people have high cholesterol. A lot of it can be genetic, with a family history of heart disease and what not, it is very hard to get around it. You can eat healthy and your LPA level is still high. That's something that they don't even test for in a standard choles. test. Next time you go, I would ask that to be tested too.





Otherwise, when you buy groceries, just buy foods that have 0 tans and sat fat that is the bad stuff. Purchase low fat or fat free foods. Stay away from chips, fast food, and greasy foods. Everything is just in moderation. Eat a lot of fish, take vitamins and of course water and workout.
Foods rich in omega 3 fatty acids will raise your HDL level (';good'; cholesterol) and lower your LDL level (';bad'; cholesterol). Examples include fish (especially salmon and tuna, but not tilapia), almonds, sunflower seeds, and flax seeds.
Best bet is to get on some quality fish oil tablets at the same time. It really does make a huge improvement.
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment