Friday, May 14, 2010

How do I control my low self control when it comes to junk food?

Before I got married I was about 180 lbs. I am up to 215 after 3 years. The problem is that I don't have any self control when it comes to junk food. Before I got married, I used to simply not buy any junk food, therefore it wasn't in the house, and I didn't have easy access to it. It was the only way to control my junk food habit because if the junk food was there.... I would eat it. I could eat a half a package of Oreos, or a box of Ho Ho's in a sitting.





Now, my wife keeps buying junk food, even though I ask her not to. The obvious solution would be to go shopping with her, and remind her that I shouldn't eat certain things. However, I am not always able to do this due to severe back problems (had surgery recently but it didn't help).





So since I have no self-control, and my only method for controlling my junk food habit (not keeping any in the house) not possible, how can I control my eating of junk food? Hiding it doesn't help, I can usually easily find it if my wife hides it.How do I control my low self control when it comes to junk food?
I know what you mean...and try to do something before you do have children, after there is no escape: delicious sweats everywhere that you will justify to eat since they usually leave peaces all the time.


Is not easy but essential to achieve some self control, unless you want to end up sick. On the other hand if your wife does not have your problem, is not fair to ';forbid'; her to buy and eat what she wants just because you can not resist the temptation.


Well, start trying not to search for the hidden things and think how childish you would look if any of your colleagues would see you in that situation.


Try to brain wash your junk food addiction reading pseudo medical articles over the subject and then think about how much better you felt with yourself before earning 35 pounds.


Of course, you can loose that weight if you engage in a serious training and diet. That will also help you to set your energy in a more productive place than chasing sweats or chips.


If with all this, you still keep on finding by accident the hidden cookies think in drastic solutions: your wife is trying to make you fat to be sure, you will not be able to pass through the front door or might be she is planning to prepare a huge barbeque next summer with your meat.


If she is a wonderful person, buy a safe that explodes while forcedly opened, and ask her to put her items in that place.


I hope this could be enough to help you.


FroHow do I control my low self control when it comes to junk food?
Put a little hot mustard on a plate, about fifteen pretzels, and you won't eat more than you should. You just have to ignore the junk food till she's the only eating it...and then start reminding her it's not good for her either. Exercise together!

Report Abuse



theres only 1 thing that will help, you need motivation


you need a reason to do it
You know it's a problem, deal with it, ask your wife again not to buy it and if she does, bin it! Why does she buy junk food in the first place?
My only suggestion is if you guys have to have any kind of junk food in the house have an alternative. Instead of cookies and Ho Ho's eat granola or some other much healthier snack. Believe me there are things out there for you to eat instead that doesn't taste like wood, but the hardest part will be for you to make that change due to you previously craving and eating all the wrong things. Also it would be nice if your wife would help you out with this. If she knows you have absolutely no self control then she should never tempt you with having those things in the house period. Have a real talk with her about how you're feeling. I'm pretty sure she doesn't want you to be unhealthy but somewhere in there she's not taking your poor eating habits very seriously.


Goodluck.
I got into a junk food fetish myself. I went from 190 to 235 in less than a year, it was a very depressing time. Finally I just decided to stop eating junk food and went on a very strict 1000 cal a day diet and burned 500 cal a day on the treadmill 4 days a week for 2 months. I still got cravings but when I did I would just ask myself ';Am I really hungry, or do i want to eat a tub of ice cream because it would taste good';, and that helped me a lot.
Don't have it in the house.
I understand...being a junk food junkie myself. I would eat it just like yu and then I started having health problems....high blood pressure and along with that water retention. My blood pressure became difficult to control. So whenI started having all of those problems, I decided that it was more important for me to exercise some discipline and not eat it , even if it was in my face. When I get this urge to junk out, I ask myself...what is really going on? Sometimes we eat to fill an emotional need. When you binge...check out your emotional state. If you can deal with the emotional state, you will be able to control the bingeing. Exercise also helps.
Mabe she likes your chubbs? That is the best solution to not have it in the house but I suggest chewing gum. Chew gum when you have a craving for junk and drink a bottle of water. Everybody needs water and most people don't get enough of it so good luck!
well i fill my day up with so many activities that i dont have time to think about food


sometimes i even forget to eat
quit telling yourself you have no ';self-control';





do you hit everyone that makes you angry, do you rape every woman you find sexy?





you have self-control, USE it for FOOD. Find a SUBSTITUTE for the junk, something UNRELATED to food, like EXERCISE.
instead of buying just junk food.





buy some healthy snacks as well man.





then when you feel like eating a snack. instead of poppin' some candy. grab yourself a baby carrot or something.





i'd also make a list of things to buy before your wife goes to the store. do not deviate from this list AT ALL! :) it will help with budgetting and also keep her from buying too much junk food.





you have to also respect her wishes if she wants to have a little.





also. try to get out and walk a little bit.t here's got to be a little bit of exercise you can do. walking might do wonders. maybe not marathon distances..but somethin.





you have to develop will power. noone is born with it.





Smartyphred out!!!
I suggest you tackle the real problem....low self esteem. There are GOOD counselors available to help people with this issue. I don't think you should focus as much on calorie in take until you get to the root of the problem. That's like trying to put bandage after bandage on a cut to keep the blood from seeping out. Heal the cut and the bleeding will stop. Good luck,friend.
I think you need to have a talk with your wife. If she refuses to respect you and your choice to not eat unhealthy foods, she needs to rethink a bit, because should be supporting you all the way. If she keeps bringing it home, ask her to keep it out of your sight, and ask if she could buy fruits. If you ever have a craving, reach for an apple or for a peach. I often have difficulty eating when I have nothing else to do, or when I want to be chewing something, so it helps to have peaches in the house or gum.
I don't have any control over junk food either. But the best thing to do is just don't buy it and start exercising. After a few weeks you'll start getting use to it so you won't want junk food as much.
By the sound of your emails beginning, get a divorce.
Seriously; tell your wife to stop buying the junk and say that if she doesn't, you will throw away the junk food she buys next time!


Tell her that you really want to improve your health, but that you need her help. Maybe you can suggest a list of foods that she CAN buy? Or ask for her help in finding more healthy snacks?


Either you don't communicate clearly or she has a problem to take you seriously. Take charge. You decide. If she wants to eat junk food, tell her she can do it outside the house or keep snacks at her workplace.


I've had health problems that makes me more sensitive to certain types of food and people just don't understand!! You have to just be harder and ignore that they'll be grumpy or despise you for it. Maybe decide a certain day of the week when you can eat sweets and junk? Maybe you can even make it a fun date to go out and eat sweets or junk food once in a while??
Exercise your low self-control eating nutritous food.
  • blushed
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment