Friday, May 14, 2010

I took the shot version of birth control. it has been 4 days since my missed period. is it supposed to do that?

We had unprotected sex a week before i got the shot of birth control. I took a pregnancy test the day after I missed my period. It said it was negative but I still have not started my period. This is the first time I've ever gotten the shot. Is it supposed to make me skip my period or am I pregnant?I took the shot version of birth control. it has been 4 days since my missed period. is it supposed to do that?
I was on the shot for over a year and you are not supposed to have a period at all while you are on it just possible light spotting. They tell you not to have unprotected sex for I believe 2-4 weeks after they give you the shot(just like the pill). So in your case you are either pregnant or the shot is working correctly. I was 6 weeks pregnant with both of my children when I was able to get a positive on a at home pregnancy test.I took the shot version of birth control. it has been 4 days since my missed period. is it supposed to do that?
Wait until you are two weeks late, then take another test to make sure. Many forms of birth control, especially Depo Provera, implants, or IUD can stop your period because of the amounts of hormones they contain. If anything leads you to believe you are pregnant, (such as symptoms) ask your doctor for a blood test. Just remember, pregnancy, hormones, stress, and birth control (and more) can all cause pregnancy symptoms. Good luck!
Sometimes you have to take the tests again a few times before it really starts working. This has happened to my sister, who is now pregnant. It said it was negative before, but a few weeks after it said positive.So just go to the doctor or wait a few more days to see again. :) And keep checking.
you dont have periods with the shot so you should be fine take a test if you really worried about it but i doubt you pregnant i was on the shot for a year and didnt have a period the whole time
you could be pregnant. i got pregnant while on birth control, the doctor said i didn't give the birth control enough time to take effect.
it's very common to not have a period at all while on the shot. Relax. You're more than likely fine.
not sure call doc
Look the product up online and check for side effects. If it's not there....ASK YOU OB GYN!

No comments:

Post a Comment