Wednesday, May 12, 2010

My TV is stuck in PiP (picture in picture mode) and the button to control it doesn't work- what do I do?

My family recently upgraded from ordinary analog tv to satellite. It's been a complicated mess trying to get our satellite box set up with our TV (which is about 2 years old), but now that everything is almost done with, the TV appears stuck in PiP mode. The button on our satellite remote doesn't work, and the button on our TV's original remote yields the message ';not available'; and doesn't let us change it either.





Is this a common problem, or are we just screwed? My TV is stuck in PiP (picture in picture mode) and the button to control it doesn't work- what do I do?
Do a front panel reset by holding the power down on the satellite receiver until it restarts.If that doesnt work, go into the satellite menu under setup and restore settings to factory defaults.





If neither of those works, then it is your tv and you will have to go through the various menu options to shut off the PIPMy TV is stuck in PiP (picture in picture mode) and the button to control it doesn't work- what do I do?
Seems you have to program your satellite remote to make it work with your TV initially. If you have a book or papers from your satellite folks, read up on the remote section, maybe that will help. Seems like I had to use my satellite remote rather than my TV remote when I had Dish Network %26amp; Direct TV.


Good luck, I always hate setting new stuff up!



If the tv is new, the satellite provider will fix this for you. THey fixed mine while i was still on the phone.





If your tv is older, this is a classic sign that your tv is dying. They die little by little; next week you will have another glitch..
i would say if the button is on a remote, buy a cheap universal remote that you can self program

No comments:

Post a Comment