Friday, May 14, 2010

Why have parents lost so much control that it is now acceptable for kids as young a 13 to have sex?

It disgusts me so much on here hearing about teens who have had sex, or even to it regularly. Has marriage lost all its sacredness?Why have parents lost so much control that it is now acceptable for kids as young a 13 to have sex?
Since the 60's parents have become obsessed with the idea that their kids must ';like them and want them to be their friend';. Not so. Your kids want parents and rules that they must follow. Praise when they've EARNED it, and to know that they re loved, no matter what. You can love someone but not like their actions


Permissiveness by parents and being taught in school that ';I am special and theres no one else in the world like me';. Has ruined a couple of generations.


If I'd even thought of having sex at 13 my Mother would have hung me out to dry. I was still a kid and acted like one. We expect way too much from our children and want them to grow up way too early. They aren't ready. Hope you can get


control again. It's sure overdue. Check all the publicity that the youngest Spears kid has gotten. She, and her mother are both irresponsible. The prospective father should have had more sense than to fool around with ';jail bait';. I understand the cops are looking for him. Wish them luck.








Good luck.Why have parents lost so much control that it is now acceptable for kids as young a 13 to have sex?
I agree.


But I wont be like that because I'm saving my first kiss AND sex for marriage.


Because having sex within marriage is the sex (lol)(that means its awesome)


premarital sex is just... terrible.


and so is gay sex.
I dont know where you live, but parents are not happy when their 13 year olds had sex and are having a baby.
I think that for a majority of society the problem lies in the parents and their parenting skills. I don't believe that parents are consistant in their parenting and putting down appropriate bounderies and then following through. I also don't believe that allot of parents are giving their kids what they need emotionally and therefor they are looking for it elsewhere. It also doesn't help that it is becoming acceptable.





I don't think a parent who's marriage is falling apart and had the child out of wedlock themselves is able or feels capable of changing that DNA. And more than likely the child will repeat the actions of the parents.


I don't believe that marriage is sacred anymore in our society. I think that people should change their vows from ';for better, for worse, for richer or poorer, in sickness and in health, for as long as we both shall live'; to until we don't feel like we love eachother any more. If people stuck to those origional vows there would not be the divorce rate that there is today! That is a promise and a promise is something that should be fulfilled regardless.





Now if someone's marraige has turned physically abusive and they are in danger I do believe that they should get out, but I also believe that the rest of the marraiges need to stop being self consumed and start serving eachother first and formost and I think that people would be surprised what will happen.





I'm going to stop since I have already probably offended people... my appologies.
It is disgusting. More parents need to spank their kids and then these problems would go away.
Parents are not happy but it's beyond their control, ur child goes out to hang out with his/her bf/gf, and tht's totally acceptable, but they can't do anything about them having sex if they only think the children are mallin or hangin out......and personally I don't think marriage is sacred, like wut's with the dun have sex until ur married thing??? It's 2007, almost 2008, maybe you ppl should learn more about modern society.
i totally agree with you and DISAGREE!!!! with erica it is disgusting, a thousand years ago they would stone you to DEATH if you did that.





~Yes i am a Christian and my views are not Christian they are what is purely right and safe would you like to be 13 and preggo?~
i agree with u brother , its just kids rite now r so mature
I'm 13 and a proud virgin. This one girl in my class whom I've known since second grade is 3 months pregnent. It's unbelievable! I know better than to get involved with the wrong group of people but I know people who are naive enough to do so. Some kids are stupid and do harmful things to be ';cool'; but the funny part of it all is they will all turn 30 years old and will most likely not be the immature teen the once were but they still have that reputation following them.
Id tap thatt.
They gave up the control because so many are too lazy to keep watch over their kids.
It is a combination of the media's downplay of the importance of sex and the dual working parent/single working parents household that America has become accustomed to. They do not have enough time or energy to make sure their kids are not getting into trouble or watching inappropriate TV shows.
Thirteen year olds should certainly not be having sex. I was 15, yes, but I regret it everyday. Though I do not necessarily believe that you must wait until marriage for sex, I just think that you need to wait until you are both old enough to handle any consequences that may come from sex, whether it's pregnancy, STDs, or the emotional effects on the people.
My sister is pregnant


She's thirteen, it doesn't matter if it's acceptable
Why do you care what other people do? Mind your own buisiness. No, marriage has not lost its sacredness or w/e.

No comments:

Post a Comment