Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Does taking birth control make it hard to get pregnant later in life?

Is there any research to show that taking birth control (particularly for woman over 25) makes it hard to conceive later?Does taking birth control make it hard to get pregnant later in life?
In a word, no.Does taking birth control make it hard to get pregnant later in life?
I have been two years on the pill, and two years on the patch.


I got pregnant ten months after being off of birth control. It was not hard for us to get pregnant either. The first baby took us three months of trying, the second took two, and this one happened while he was on his two week R and R from Iraq.


My friend has been trying for thirteen months to get pregnant, and she blames it on the fact she was on birth control. However her GYN said that is not the case. Birth control does not make it harder later on.


I think you will be alright.


When we first decided to try for a baby we went into the GYN so I could be checked out, and to told her what we planned. She said my check up was good, and healthy so all we had to do was baby dance on the right days. I suggest everyone wanting to try for a baby to get a check up, and to let the doctor know that you are trying. It clears any ';Is there something wrong with me'; questions from the start.


Best of luck!
Not that I know of. It varies for different women. Some women are very fertile and get pregnant while on birth control. It just depends on how your body works. Some women do have trouble after using birth control. The contraceptives usually wear off in 6 to 12 months. But like I said it varies. I know some women who get pregnant by missing one day off birth control.
I have been on birth control for the past 10 yrs, im 27 and recently married, my husband and I decided to stop using the pill about 2 months ago, and low and behold i am pregnant! I took 3 test and they have all been confirmed. so to answer your question with my testimonial....NO!!! My sugestion is to not stop taking birth control until you are sure you are ready. Once you stop its open season!!! Good luck!
It doesn't effect you later in life, unless you have some nasty reaction to it that did some sorta damage to your uterus. But that isn't always the case either.





I am 25 and had a bad reaction to Nuva Ring, Stopped taking it and got pregnant 2 months later. :x
i think if your going to have problems concieveing your going to have them pill or no pill.. ... i was on the pill for years.. i've been pregnant over 4 times (i concieved my son after missing only 1 pill) so i will say NO..
I am hypothyroid also...ask my three children if I had problems conceiving, three times on birth control. Conceiving is all about your individual fertility. It has been my experience that hypothyroidism doesn't hinder it all.
I got pregnant on birth control. lol so no
No

No comments:

Post a Comment